Friday 15 August 2008

Rollin' In My 5.0.....

...is this years team name in honour of one of the Ice man's lesser known hits. Word to Your Mutha.

Well this year I have kept a core of last years promotion winners in Adebayor, Spagna, Downing, Tuncay and Rosicky. I have also gone for an alarming number of those who have given me ill counsel in the past....Nolan, Malouda, Sidwell, Dave Kitson...all have been in my teams and been risibly awful.

Given my previous history of allways picking the wrong Neville, watch Everton with interest this season and expect to see Neville, P, striding forward from central midfield and rifling the ball home from the edge of the box on at least 8 occasions. Hopefully Russell Osman will also get a few for the Toffees as I picked him up as an outside bet for a goalscoring midfielder.

Liverpool were a shambles against Liege so I avoided their players apart from the centre-back whose name looks like someone has punched the keyboard - Skljkl I think it is?

Shame the Lord was bidding for Geoff as otherwise one of the relegation places would have been already sealed although given the wooden spoon performance last year, the Lord needs to step up several gears or risk featuring in a commercial with small boys drinking milk and not knowing who he is.

Oh, and I am fairly confident we will see no three in a row!!!

The Grizzler.

No comments: