Wednesday 13 August 2008

Grumpy Grump Grumps Grump

The new auction process sucks. Truly it does. People went fucking crazy the beginning. Then people had no money left and upped the prices on any half-decent talent there was. Goalkeepers, I’m sure, never went for 3.5 million. What’s going on? Of course the proponents aren’t going to say they were wrong, and I’ve suffered very badly under the old system when certain managers blatantly followed my lead when I was the top dog. Now I’m an old dog, that’s not going to happen, and no-one or nothing can excuse last year’s canine poop-fest of an auction, but as someone who did suffer, I can say that I preferred the old to the new.

I’m a firm believer that you can stop managers from winning in an auction, with people ganging up on you, furtively or ostentatiously. My last year before the break, I was definitely ganged up on – too many times the same people kept upping the bids by half a million to make me pay premium on players, and I ran out of gas and money. I knew then that once relegated, I wasn’t going to go through another one of them for a while. Now I’m one of the ordinary joes and no-one gives a fig what I do. In truth, I don’t really give a stuff either. I have a bloody wedding to worry about first!

Anyway, to battle.

No comments: